Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, me > said:

> Hi there - can anyone tell me, why does my cheese sauce always clump?
> I melt butter, add flower, add the water obtained from boiling
> macaroni (or similar), stir stir stir, add cheese. I always get those
> disgusting lumps of cheese in the sauce. What am I doing wrong? Thank
> you.

Are you adding the liquid slowly and/or in portions? You don't want
to dump it in all at once. Be sure to keep stirring and let the mixture
get hot again before adding another portion, too. You should handle the
cheese the same way (in portions, letting the mixture get hot, etc.).
HTH...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF