Nexis

"Ferrante" > wrote in message
> I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
> say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.
>
> Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
> it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
> overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
> sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Mark Ferrante

Your instinct to avoid a heavy sauce is a good one. My favorite way to serve
angel hair is a basic pomodoro. Get some good, ripe roma tomatoes, fresh
basil, lots of crushed or minced (or even sliced!) garlic and some very good
extra virgin olive oil. Some Romano cheese and parmesan (preferably
Reggiano) and maybe a little asiago or mizithra to serve on the side. If you
find the tomatoes aren't quite juicy enough, you can add a bit of chicken
stock. Just dice the tomatoes, and crush, slice, or mince the garlic. Heat a
pan with a couple tablespoons of EVOO and add the garlic. When it turns
golden, add the tomatoes and simmer. Add the basil at the very end. Toss
with the past and serve with the cheese.

kimberly