DC.

Hi krnntp,

I don't understand either... i assume you mean eating ready fried
crullers/YaoCharKwai with soya milk & seasonings? well i've never heard of
it eaten like that before. But i guess to each his/her own. Traditionally
crullers/YaoCharKwai are eaten with congee/Jook/rice porridge etc. or even
cut up & put into salads(rojak) in Malaysia, or as a filling in Chinese
dimsum (cheongfun) etc.

If on the other hand you meant making crullers/YaoCharKwai using soya milk &
seasoning etc.. i guess it might work. It'll be replacing water with soya
milk in the dough mixture etc. But i seem to recall a posting here by a
regular (steve maybe? or someone else) a few years ago warning that eating
too much of it ain't good as it contains some 'metallic based mineral' used
as the rising agent or something in the dough. I only eat it occasionally.

Hmmm... eating crullers/YaoCharKwai + soya milk.. doesn't that sound like
rice crispies & milk kind of meal ; ) maybe that's what she was reffering
too. Ohh... hang on, OK krnntp, this isn't going to help but when we're in
Spain, we always like going out to the street corners looking for the old
Churros vendor. This is Spain's version of deep fried dough stick snack &
usually eaten at breakfast. OK first of all it's a little smaller &
sometimes it's shaped like... a horse shoe but with the 2 ends brought
together. After frying, it is either sprinkle over with sugar or you dunk it
into 'artificially' thicken hot chocolate. I don't know what they do to the
chocolate but it's extremely thick, maybe they add flour or cornflour etc. I
don't really like it so we just dunk it in our coffee like many others. Hope
this helps... or not. By the way.. in Spain, people drink something called
Horchata made from tiger nuts/chufas & is very similar to soya milk. Do a
google search on Churros & Horchata if you want to find out more.

DC.

om...