John Coleman

"K D B" > wrote in message
om...
> "John Coleman" > wrote in message

presently
> > eat

> > > I am a vegetarian and have been all my life. I consume dairy products

and
> > > have done all my life. Vegans do not. Understand?
> > >
> > > Of course milk is not a vegan food source! Of course it is a

vegetarian
> > food
> > > source. Vegetarians have no problem with animal by-products such as

milk.
> > > The animal is not killed for their production.

> > Many of the males of the species in question are because they don't

produce
> > milk.

> What species? Dairy cattle do not constitute a species.

I never said anything about dairy cattle being a species. I simply refered
to "the species", but male offspring would be a better phrase.

> reason you cited for their slaughter is innacurate. They are not
> kiiled "because they don't produce milk", they are killed for the same
> reason beef cattle (also not a species) are killed: for meat. For

Many male offspring are killed immediately if they are weak - they do not
get reared and go to market as do the stronger ones, instead they are
burried (illegally) in fields or otherwise disposed of probably for pet
food. If they were female they would have lived to be exploited for milk.

John