Michael

"ToLo" > wrote in message
>> Hope someone has a suggestion for good "Q" in Charlotte. Have to go

> back next week. Right now, leaning toward the spaghetti!!

None to be had. Shelby or Lexington are your choices. Spoon's on the south
side and Bubba's on the north side are places where you eat the meat and two
special at lunch (ie chicken and dumplings or meatloaf) but forget the Q.
Bubba's stew is ok and his hushpuppies are fair.

I think the key is that what is passed off as pulled pork isn't. It's
gassed pig and crappy stew. Real North Carolina pulled or chopped pork is
to die for.

If you are going to be in Charlotte and one of the churches on the north
side of town is having a Q go to it. Mallard Creek is today and tomorrow
but Poplar Tent Presbie is next weekend, I think. This is the seventy fifth
Q at Mallard Creek. Poplar tent was given their land by the Queen of
England, been there a while. Nice to get a sammich and walk through the
graveyard.