Martin O'Brien > wrote:

> My idea is to make small (1-2" wide) replicas of the company's logo.
> (Hint: it looks like a letter of the alphabet, and it's a metallic
> yellow color!)

You do realize that molds of all the letters of the alphabet
are already available as standard items. The color may be
the tricky part. You need either a dry or oil based food
color for chocolate. Water/alcohol based colors will "seize"
the chocolate.

> Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't pay much, if
> anything, but would love to try to do this, as a project!

Check out Tomric. http://www.tomric.com
I know they have various sizes of letter molds. Greek letters, too,
and numbers, and Hebrew letters, and more stuff than you can
imagine. They offer a hobby line of molds that is cheaper
than the professional line, they are lighter in weight and
not as durable, but will last through dozens of uses.

If you are determined to make it yourself and you find a good
suppliers of meterials, please post back here as I am looking
for that myself. We would really like to do some custom molds
in my wife's shop, but haven't found a reasonable supplier
for food safe molding materials.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.