Jill Delgado

Hi Ginny,

Tamales are not too labor intensive if you do it over a couple days. A
friend and I make about 20 dozen at a time, 2 or 3 times a year.

I cook the meat for the filling the day before we plan to assemble the
tamales. Soak the corn husks over night and start making the tamales the
second day. It's fun if you have someone helping you assemble them...you
just sit at a table, roll tamales and talk, talk, talk..

We serve a gravy, refried beans, "Spanish" rice, lettuce, tomatoes, avacado
(or guacamole) with our tamales. This is traditionally Christmas Eve meal,
but should be great for Thanksgiving. The tamales are so filling that you
really don't need lots of other things on the menu.

I don't know where you live, but if it's warm, Sangria is great with this
meal...and Margarita's are good anywhere!!

jillie
Roseville, CA