John213a

<< you are using the wrong recipe! >><BR><BR>

Yeah, I have never seen "yeast" in a tortia recipe.
Years back, when up in the wilds of Canada before Taco bell got out into the
boonies, I used to get a craving for Tortillas, so I rolled my own. Just
flour, shortning, and water and a little salt. Rolled them out by hand with a
rolling pin and cooked them in an electric skillet. Worked and tasted fine. I
don't even think I have ever heard of "milk" in a tortilla recipe.
Try the one the fellow posted and use that in the press, I think you might find
that it works and tastes a lot better.