Meghan Noecker

> Out of curiosity, what chocolates have you tried that you can recall, and
> how much have you liked each one? With this information I can probably also
> recommend other new chocolates for you to try, some of which you may like
> better than your current favourites.

I have always liked Hershey's. Either with peanut butter, or taking
small bites and melting it in my mouth.

Nestle's is okay, but only when I am in the mood for it. I don't care
for it is as much.

I love the Godiva dark chocolate. I used to like the Hershey's special
dark, but I don't anymore. Not since Godiva. But that stuff is really
spendy.

I've never liked the candies much, like Whitman's or other boxed
candies. I will eat the plain chocolate or the caramel, but I'd rather
just eat a candy bar.

There used to be a holiday chocolate that was shaped like train cars.
I have no idea the brand, but I loved those. It came in a small box
with the train cars visible through the front of the package.

Oh, another really good one is the kind they use in the Harry Potter
chocolate frogs. They come from England. I don't really know what
brand of chocolate they are. I bought them as gifts last year, and it
was cheaper to buy a case from somebody in England than to buy singles
here. So, I ate all the extras. I loved those, but I'd rather buy that
one in a cheaper form.

It's strange. I love chocolate. I always have, but I am picky about it
as well. Last year, I was given 6 boxes of chocolate candies for
Christmas. I gave away almost all of it. They weren't the kinds I
like. Give me a bag of Hershey bars, and I'm happy.

And when I do chocolate milk (I won't drink pain milk), I use extra
syrup. It must be very dark brown. No tan white milk for me. Same with
hot chocolate. I rarely buy from expresso stands because even extra
syrup is not enough. And the powdered hot chocolate mix - I have to
buy the kind that is extra chocolate, of course.

I know for sure that I hate Palmers. I won't touch anything by them.
And I don't like white chocolate at all. I don't like Nestle chocolate
chip cookies, but I love Pilsbury. And Pilsbury brownies are the
absolute best. I wish they still had the ready make ones where you
peel off the lid and shove the foil pan in the oven. I hate actually
making the batter.

> Then those sites are ripping you off. The big Ghirardelli blocs shouldn't
> cost near $80.00, $40.00 being more typical, and from the right places you
> can get it for $30.00

I was shocked at the $80 price tag and thought I better stick with
Hershey's, and they charge $30 for their 5lb block. I was going to buy
one last year if they marked them down, but they all sold before
Christmas. No discount.

> If the principal attraction is the knawability as opposed to a specific set
> of flavour characteristics, then there's no need to tear your hair out
> looking for Merckens. Just get the Guittard or Callebaut chocolates in
> break-up from any of the local suppliers, and you'll be happy. Both are
> quite good chocolate.

I will definitely try them out. I will glady try the easiest and
cheapest versions first, and if that's good enough, then why work
harder or pay more?

> Again, I'll say that personally I prefer the Guittard bittersweet over the
> milk chocolate (enough that I can list the Larry's bin number for that one
> : #57747). Unless dark chocolate holds *no* appeal for you I believe this
> is a chocolate you owe yourself to try because it is IMHO one of 2
> chocolates vying for title of best chocolate in the world

I will be heading off to Larry's soon. I haven't been in a Larry's for
years, so I never even thought of them. I know there is one fairly
nearby. I just never go that direction, so I never see it. And I love
dark chocolate, usually more than milk chocolate.

Thanks again. I wish I had asked here years ago. I just started
getting that itch again to look for it, and decided I might as well
try the newsgroups to search like I do anything else.