jmcquown

Default Scovilles for some popular hot sauces

John Gaughan wrote:
> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Sauce: Scovilles

> Now if only they had a way of measuring taste. Frank's certainly is
> not spicey, but it tastes great.

TABASCO® -Red 3,050
Texas Pete® 747
Louisiana® 785

Tabasco is the hottest? My taster must have gone on the fritz; I find it
pretty mild. I like the taste, but I use Louisiana hot sauce when I make 2
pounds of chicken wings. It has a good flavour and costs less than Tabasco.
An entire bottle goes into the basting sauce along with a stick of butter.
Sometimes I add a couple of dashes of Spicy Season-All, too. I broil the
wings; no breading or deep frying. They come out nicely crispy and very
tasty!

Jill