John Coleman

"Digger" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:31:44 +0100, "Richard" > wrote:
>
> >"Digger" > wrote

'vegetarian'?

> >> No, I'm not implying anything like that. The mother, if vegan
> >> remains a vegan by virtue of her diet and lifestyle. The baby,
> >> however, cannot be said to be a vegan or even a vegetarian
> >> while it gains nourishment from animal derived products such
> >> as human breast milk.

> >What do you mean not vegetarian? A vegetarian doesn't eat the meat of
> >animals? If the baby doesn't eat the meat of animals, then it is

vegetarian.

> Does that logic apply to suckling lion cubs as well?

> Pearl - is a suckling lion cub a vegetarian?

Digger, you really do not understand the significant facts of the matter.
Vegetarianism of whatever shade is an exlcusively human concern because it
pertains to intellectual traits that only we posses. Even a pure plant
eating species like a koala is never a vegetarian.

Jhn