Louis Cohen

Default Pasta Maker - Electric or Manual?

We use the KitchenAid stand mixer with the pasta roller attachment. The
electric motor allows you to feed with one hand and catch with the other.
An experienced pasta maker can feed and crank, or catch and crank
successfully, but for a beginer you can't beat the motor. And, you don't
get tired so you do roll the pasta out adequately.

And, you can make the dough in the mixer first.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Bah! Humbug!

"contrapositive" > wrote in message
> Hi. Thinking of purchasing a pasta maker for my wife for Christmas. I'm

not
> finding as much information as I thought I could. I'm wondering,

primarily,
> which is more practical: electric or manual. What are the advantages of
> each? Also, are there any features or attachments I should look for?

Avoid?