Ron

Default Baby Animal Guts

..

From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@e...>
Date: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:58 am
Subject: Make Your Own Soft Cheeses (secret ingredient)

Make Your Own Soft Cheeses (secret ingredient)

Got Brie? An industry secret revealed
Great news for cheese-eating vegetarians

You can now manufacture your own bacteria-free
cheese by purchasing that secret ingredient which
inhibits listeria growth. What is the ingredient?
Ground baby lamb tongues.

When ordering, simply ask for PGE (lamb pregastric
esterase powder). This freeze-dried pink product
is the extract of the tongue root of lambs. See:

<http://www.danlac.com/archive/arc10-2001.shtml>

American cheese makers use a similar product called
"rennet paste." Rennet is an enzyme that is obtained
by scraping the inside of a freshly-killed calf's
stomach. The paste is made with rennet and the
addition of a processed tongue root from a calf. The
description on the packaging of rennet paste does
not reveal the actual source of the ingredients.
Cheese makers are told:

"Rennet paste contains the necessary proteolytic
enzymes plus lipolytic enzymes..."

When I attended America's premiere cooking school
in 1975, the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde
Park, New York, I was taught that "A day without
cheese is like a day without sunshine." I miss the
taste of cheese, but I now remind myself that a day
without cheese is like a day without eating baby
animal guts.

Robert Cohen
http://www.notmilk.com