Shirley Ward

I made jelly from them one year. They required twice the "normal" amount of jell; much sugar; and this is not a good way to use them unless you add other flavored ingredients. I felt the jelly was tasteless. The jelly in jars was beautiful, but I would never do it again as it was labor intensive getting the "pricklies" off as well as they stain everything they touch.

I did use them for "coloring" margaritas (one jar was partially used). Local restaurant here in Phoenix serves Prickly Pear Margaritas and I was trying to copy them.

Shirley in AZ