Frogleg

Default Cookie frosting recipe needed

On 05 Dec 2003 04:52:29 GMT, (Amberinauburn)
wrote:

>I am in urgent need of a frosting recipe for the cookies I plan to make
>tomorrow with my husband. I thought all I was going to need was powdered sugar
>and water for the frosting, but both the recipes we found called for " meringue
>powder"????? We live in a very small town and our grocery store doesn't even
>sell solid white tuna for goodness sake. The chancess of it having Meringue
>powder are really small. Someone out there has a nice easy recipe for sugar
>cookies frosting right? Please, share it with us. We wanted to spend Friday
>making cookies and I don't want to use those dreadful little tubes of pre -made
>frosting on my nice home made cookies.

Powdered sugar and almost anything. Lemon juice, orange juice, light
cream, milk, coffee. A few drops of vanilla & cream/milk. Half
teaspoon of cocoa powder and cream/milk. Peppermint extract, almond
extract, rum, pineapple juice. Just put the powdered sugar in a small
dish and mix in dribbles of liquid. Amount of liquid will determine
"spreadable" or "glaze" consistency.