Darrell Grainger

Default Kitchen Aid 6 quart

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, sgumpel wrote:

> I currently have a 4.5 quart Kitchen aid 325 watt mixer and am
> considering getting the 6 quart model to have greater capacity.
>
> I am very happy with the 4.5 quart model except for the fact it is
> very difficult to double recipes.
>
> What do people think of the 6 quart machine? I had heard there were
> some quality issues when the machine first came out, problems with the
> motor.
>
> Peoples thoughts?

Hi Susan,

I have a 500 Watt, 6 quart Kitchen Aid Custom Edition mixer. I'm very
happy with it. I bought it around two years ago and never had any problems
with it.

Most the time I am creating large recipes (e.g. a half-sheet layer cake)
but I have created small things like 9" round cakes without trouble.

For Christmas it gets a good workout making a lot of heavy dough items.
The motor has always been more power than I have ever needed.

Don't send e-mail to