samarkand

"crymad" > wrote in message

> cc wrote:
>>
>> "crymad" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Hmm...now I wonder about your cultural roots. What are they exactly?
>> > Because any Chinese should be familiar with dried tangerine peel.

>> Like any Japanese should get a stock of dried yuzu peel from Koya-san and
>> use some daily in shichimi mix ? And in the US, I guess you are familiar
>> with pemmican (sp ?) and if you didn't have any for breakfast, we can
>> start
>> doubting you're really posting from there.

> Samarkand also seemed puzzled with the mushroom soy reference a few
> posts above. Samarkand may in fact be Chinese, but just doesn't cook
> much.

Samarkand does, but there's is no straw mushroom soy sauce in chinese
cooking, not that I know of.

I don't assume I know every soy sauce available in the market, but I think
you are going too far in assuming that I do not cook or that I MAY only be
Chinese just because I'm not familiar with a type of soy sauce that you can
find in wherever you are. I believe I have been quite civil in replying to
your queries, please don't make me think you are just a loud mouth westerner
who has a larger than life image of himself and the culture he basks in, and
poorly of others.

You are correct that we have strayed too far from the subject, so I shall
not continue further.