terrymcintire

~*~ Bunny ~*~ wrote:
> *licks lips*
>
> YOU KNOW,
>
> I grew my own cialntro this year......
>
> *wink wink*
>

> "terrymcintire" > wrote in message
>
>> * Exported from BigOven *
>>
>> POLLO EN MOLE VERDE (Chicken in Green Mole)
>>

>>Recipe By :
>>Serving Size :0
>>Cuisine :
>>Main Ingred. :
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>>-------- ------------- --------------------------------
>> For --the chicken:
>> * --1 whole chicken
>> * --1 small onion
>> * --1 medium carrot
>> * --1 clove garlic
>> * --1 sprig cilantro
>>
>> For --the mole:
>> * --3/4 cup ground toasted pumkin seeds
>> * --8 medium-size tomatillos
>> * --1/2 medium onion
>> * --2 large cloves garlic
>> * --4 serrano chiles
>> * --4 poblano chiles
>> * --4 romaine lettuce leaves
>> * --3 sprigs cilantro
>> * --3 sprigs epazote
>> * --4 cups chicken stock
>> * --1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
>>
>>Place the chicken, onion, carrot, garlic, and cilantro, along with salt
>>to taste, in a stockpot with water to cover. Cook until tender, about 40
>>minutes, removing the white meat after 25-30 minutes so that it does not
>>overcook and become rubbery. Remove from heat and set aside while you
>>make the mole.
>>
>>Put the tomatillos, onion, garlic and serranos in a saucepan with two
>>cups of the strained chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for about
>>five minutes, until the tomatillos become soft. Transfer this to a
>>blender container, add the chopped poblanos and lettuce and puree until
>>smooth. Add the ground pumpkin seeds, cilantro and epazote or parsley
>>and puree again. Transfer this into a saucepan in which you have heated
>>the vegetable oil, and stir continuously as you gradually add the
>>remaining two cups of strained chicken stock.
>>
>>Simmer over low heat about thirty minutes, stirring frequently to make
>>sure that the sauce doesn't burn or stick. Taste for salt. Serve in soup
>>or stew bowls: place a piece of chicken in each bowl, ladle the mole
>>over it, and accompany with plenty of warm tortillas.
>>
>>NOTE: To remove the skins from poblano chiles, roast them over a gas
>>flame or in a broiler, turning until they are charred all over. Then
>>place them in a plastic bag for 10-15 minutes. This loosens the skin and
>>makes them easy to slide off under a stream of running water.
>>
>>Background: A mole is a stew which incorprates ground chiles, seeds, and
>>sometimes nuts. The basis of a mole verde is the tomate verde, called a
>>"tomatillo" north of the border. In Mexico, it is the opinion of many
>>cooks that the smaller the tomate verde, the tastier. Sometimes called
> [...]

Boy howdy, you are REALLY into authentic. Seriously, that's great. Fresh
herbs are always better, but I am not telling you anything you don't
know. BTW, I had to dig for these REAL Mexican recipes. I will send more
later if you would like. Busy tomorrow. I assumed you would be content
with a taste of Mexican cuisine, but you are obviously more
discriminating. Talk to you later Bunny.
Take Care,
Terry McIntire (retired old guy)