Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking

On 2021-06-15 11:16 a.m., S Viemeister wrote:
> On 15/06/2021 14:43, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> It's easy enough to temporarily connect your stove to a propane
>> bottle... it's no big deal to switch between natural gas and propane
>> and then switch back,

> Changing the orifice on a gas stove takes time and knowledge. Natural
> gas and propane require different sizes.

When they brought a natural gas line down our road we were quick to
switch over from gas to oil. I wondered why our neighbours held off on
the switch. They had propane. Aside from the cost of the line to their
house, they were concerned with the cost of converting everything. They
have the house and a pole barn with a heated office, so that was two
furnaces, two water heaters and, being Italian, their dual kitchens with
gas stoves. They did eventually switch, but there was considerable cost.