Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:08:16 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:47:06 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Around 180,000 house fires start in the kitchen every year. Induction ranges are inherently safer because the cooktops do not heat up. Do the math. You're obviously projecting your own ignorance.

> > How many of those house fires are directly related to gas cooktops?
> >
> > How many of them are related to dumbass behaviors like putting wet food
> > into hot oil and creating a grease fire? How many of them are electrical
> > fires?
> >
> > Your facile and poorly researched comment is worthless.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I can't tell you the breakdown of fires caused by gas and electric burners. The reality is that you can easily light a combustible material with gas or electric burners. Try it yourself if you think it's unlikely. You can't do that with an induction cooktop. This is just another one of your idiotic gamesmanship ploys. Yoose gets the last move - count me out of your dumb game.

Ok. Here's my last move.

I have used gas stoves all my life. I've occasionally caused a potholder to smolder.
Since we've dismantled our kitchen for remodeling, I've been using an induction burner.
I'm well aware of its characteristics.

Fires are less likely with an induction cooktop. The risk with other cooktops is
small enough that they're not outlawing them. Your fears are unfounded
and overblown.

Cindy Hamilton