Posted to rec.food.cooking
songbird songbird is offline

Default Carnival Squash

cshenk wrote:
> US Janet wrote:

>> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
>> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
>> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
>> container growing.
>> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
>> Janet US

> Thanks! That may be fun to try!

we normally don't grow any kind of acorn squash but this season
i put in a few Dumpling Squash for more variety. we'll see how
they do and if they survive and finish fruits in time.

the vining crop i like the most are fresh melons. can't get
some of the good heirloom melons at the store because they don't
travel or store well, but they sure are good fresh from the garden.

songbird