Posted to rec.food.cooking
bruce bowser bruce bowser is offline

Default Carnival Squash

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:33:08 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:16:48 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> > > This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
> > > stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
> > > well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
> > > container growing.
> > > https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
> > > Janet US

> > Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

> Eggplant isn't squash. It's more closely related to tomatoes and potatoes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred to as 'guinea squash'.
Eggplant
plant
WRITTEN BY
The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Encyclopaedia Britannica's editors oversee subject areas in which they have extensive knowledge, whether from years of experience gained by working on that content or via study for an advanced degree....
See Article History
Alternative Titles: Solanum melongena, aubergine, guinea squash
Eggplant, (Solanum melongena), also called aubergine or Guinea squash, tender perennial plant of the nightshade family (Solanaceae), grown for its edible fruits.
-- https://www.britannica.com/plant/eggplant