Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My flight

On 2021-06-13 6:53 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close
>> to ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls
>> over to me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara
>> River to the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines
>> and back to the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>
>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>
>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

> Glad you enjoyed it.Â* Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
> closer to landing.

My wife and I talked about it and she is amenable to me pursuing the
license. It would cost about $6000 for a recreational license. That
would limit me to single engine planes with seating for no more than 4
but with no more than one passenger, day time only and in Canada only.
My friend had helped to arrange it and we stopped by for a drink this
afternoon. He is thinking of getting his medical and getting his
license back. He was a commercial airline pilot and had thousands and
thousands of hours of flight time logged,including about 18,000 hours in
a 777. We figure we could split on the cost of a rental and go flying
about once a month.