Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking

On 2021-06-13 12:19 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 10:11:36 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Couldn't do that now, I'd surely croak...

>> Oh so now, you choose to go to the stores like a normal person.

> What's abnormal about canning? I think almost everybody here has canned
> something, sometime.

When I was a kid we canned a lot of stuff. Our house had a "root cellar"
in the basement under the front steps. My mother did most of the
canning. She out put up peaches, pears, cherries, tomato sauce etc. She
also made lots and lots of jam and jelly, like strawberry, raspberry,
sour cherry, red currant, black currant and crab apple.