Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Friday, June 4th, Dinner

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:20:33 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-09 6:56 p.m., Graham wrote:
> > On 2021-06-09 3:34 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I love Scotch. Straight, with just a tiny bit of water, or little ice.
> >> Irish whiskey is pretty good too. My limited experience with Bourbon
> >> has left me unimpressed. Maybe the premium stuff is worth trying.

> > I've never liked hard liquor. The last whisky I drank was ~50 years ago
> > when one of my profs treated a bunch of us to a straight malt, which is
> > the closest I've come to tolerating the stuff. I'll drink gin suitably
> > diluted with tonic water, but that's it.
> > I drink wine most of the year and beer in the hotter summer months.

> I love the taste of it and I love the warm sensation as it goes down.
> What I don't like is not being able to drink more of it because I don't
> like getting drunk.

My friend's parents used to spend time in the nightclub a lot. The funny part was they used to leave him and his sister in the car while they were boozing it up. My friend's dad died a few years ago and he gave my son bottles of the family liquor. This stuff is probably 50 years old. I use the vodka and whisky for cooking. I tasted a sample of the vodka. It sure was warm going down. It had a distinct, musty, taste to it. I was not impressed.