Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fried Chicken Thigh Sandwich and Rings

On 2021-06-04 6:08 p.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 3:00 PM, Bruce pretending to be his idol Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:57:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >

>> Is a Thai an Asian?
>> Is an Indian an Asian?
>> Is an Arab an Asian?
>> Is a Turk an Asian?
>> Is a Vladivostokian an Asian?
>>
>> (just curious)
>>

> Pakistani criminals in the UK are referred to as Asian, so as not to be
> too offensive to the Paki criminals by clearly identifying them.

Apparently you are no longer supposed to refer to Indians as Indians,
Chinese as Chinese, Japanese as Japanese etc. The Chinese/ Wuhan virus
became Covid19 and the variants were identified in terms of the
countries in which they were first identified. Just the other our
authorities decided we can't call them the Indian variariant, South
African or UK variant, the are now identified with letters. For instance
the Indian variant is now the B .1.617 because we don't want to be
smearing the thousands and thousands of south Asians who travelled back
to India despite travel restrictions and then brought it back with them.