Posted to rec.food.cooking
wolfy's new skateboard wolfy's new skateboard is offline

Default Door to Door Salespeople (Was Delicious Dinner and "Calls Past")

On 6/4/2021 8:52 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 9:41:04 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Somebody knocks or rings on the door when I'm not expecting it I
>>> don't even look out peephole 19 out of 20 times. The door doesn't
>>> get opened.
>>>
>>> I was cornered by a roofing salesman a couple weeks ago ("Kyle")
>>> while I was sitting on the porch and I told him "Not interested.
>>> Keep on walking" before he even entered the driveway. Then 10 more
>>> times... "Please leave", "Just go away", "Get off my property",
>>> "stop walking. Turn around. DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER", "get the ****
>>> off my property", :"Now get the **** out of my yard!", "Yo! WTF IS
>>> YOUR PROBLEM DUDE!?!".... all the while he's trying to sell me a
>>> roof while advancing on me on the porch criticizing my 'attitude',
>>> criticising, my lawn, my trees, my bushes (which I had just trimmed
>>> and were spread out all over the yard)... "May I ask who did your
>>> roof last time?"

>> "Please show me your peddler's license."

> You wouldn't say that if it were Publishers Clearing House.

Are they still around?

https://media.pch.com/

Publishers Clearing House is a leading digital entertainment and
commerce destination for millions of US consumers. PCH combines
entertainment and chance to win opportunities to create an environment
where consumers are engaged and ready to take action. Advertisers can
access premium inventory across PCHs entire portfolio of websites and
apps through Publishers Clearing House Media, the digital advertising
arm of PCH.

Lol, yeah, I bet that ain't working so well...