Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Trew Michael Trew is offline

Default Delicious Dinner in Under 30 Minutes

On 6/3/2021 7:26 AM, Gary wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 4:58 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I'd be willing to give one a go, but I simply don't have room on
>>> counter or in cupboards
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> That's precisely the reason I don't try one. No good place to put it.
>> As I just mentioned in my reply to Gary, mine is not an "open concept"
>> kitchen. Using the oven doesn't heat up the rest of the house the way
>> it might if it were open to the dining/living area.

> Well, I *do* have an "open kitchen." Two opening and no doors.
> On cold days, the oven adds some heat and good smells.
> On mild days, my east&west windows/doors let the heat escape.
> On hot days, the air conditioner easily takes care of the oven heat.

That's my preferred method as well... I'd hate an "open concept"
kitchen, where one cannot separate heat/cooking smells from the rest of
the house in the summer.

I have yet to install my window A/C unit. I suppose we'll see how
miserable it gets in the next month. Still better than snow!