Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lucretia Borgia Lucretia Borgia is offline

Default Delicious Dinner in Under 30 Minutes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 19:23:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-03 8:19 a.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:53:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Or, you could offer simple hospitality.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I love that my friends feel permitted to drop by, wouldn't dream of
>> suggesting they bring food with them. If all else fails there will at
>> least be cashews in the cupboard. Don't you have good friends who can
>> drop by?
>>

>I would not consider someone to be a good friend if they were not
>welcome to drop by, and I would be able to drop in on them.

In years gone past we used to be more formal, even did elaborate
dinner parties but we are all agreed now, to hell with that, we're too
old to be bothered. Just like to see each other - call past - luck of
the gods what nibbles may be available but there will always be a nice
glass of red or white