Posted to rec.food.cooking
wolfy's new skateboard wolfy's new skateboard is offline

Default I know some folks here feel that fresh water chestnuts take toolong to peel

On 6/2/2021 2:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:29:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> Why would you trouble to use fresh water chestnuts and then dump on powdered
>>> ginger?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Because I didn't have any fresh ginger. That should have been obvious.

> No, it wasn't. Ginger freezes beautifully, so I always have it on hand.
>
> The taste of powdered ginger in a stir fry is so weird to me, I would never use it.
> "When I can't get fresh, I just leave [it] out."
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Powdered ginger is a nice inclusion for a BBQ rub.

https://www.sunset.com/recipe/ginger-rosemary-rub

Ingredients
1 cup paprika (3.4 oz.)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup kosher salt
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper

Or:

https://www.thescratchartist.com/bar...pineapple-rub/

BARBECUE CHICKEN WITH GINGER & PINEAPPLE RUB

PRINT
INGREDIENTS
3½lb Chicken, butterflied
Olive oil
For the rub
2 Cups fresh pineapple with juice
1 Tablespoon fresh ground ginger
1 Large handful fresh cilantro
2 Small shallots (either raw or sautéed briefly)*