Posted to rec.food.cooking
wolfy's new skateboard wolfy's new skateboard is offline

Default Aemoba Pizza

On 5/31/2021 12:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/31/2021 2:21 PM, US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:53:35 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
>> > wrote:

>>> Food from the first foreign nation to go Covid, what could possibly go
>>> wrong there?

>> What the heck do you even talk about?
>>

> Indeed, that response didn't make any sense.Â* Unless "wolfy" is
> confusing Italy with China.
>
> Jill

Easily done, given:

https://youtu.be/WPhMER6adR0

TAIWANESE CANADIANåŠ*拿大ã®å°æ¹¾äºº
1 year ago
What a joke, joint forces with a totalitarian regime, what a slap in the
face of the Italians

https://www.ecnmy.org/engage/prato-c...f-look-around/
Theres a city in Tuscany, less than an hour by train from Florence,
called Prato. Prato has been the one of the largest textile
manufacturing bases in Europe for ages. If youve bought a shirt or
blanket in Italy in the last century and a half, odds are the fabric
came from Prato.

Since the Brexit vote and Trumps election, everyones been talking
about "globalization What's this?world-icon-06, and about all the
places where the stuff we use everyday gets built, and all the places
where it used to get built but doesnt anymore. Where the stuff they
used to make, made them. The "left behind places, where jobs and
opportunities were easy to come by, but that supposedly arent doing so
well now.

I wondered whether Prato was one of those places.

This picture was taken next to Via Pistoiese, a road in Prato almost
completely made up of Chinese shops: Chinese restaurants, Chinese
wedding planners and photographers, Chinese fishmongers, Chinese
supermarkets.

I spoke to Marco, a 38 year old construction worker, about the changes
hes seen here over the last 30 years.

"Prato has evolved and grown in terms of population, but the majority€¦
how can I say it€¦ the majority its all Chinese. That "something that
there was before isnt there anymore, Pratos traditions, the feasts€¦ on
the 15th of August we used to go to Feast of Santa Maria, wed eat
watermelons, youd go there and see all the people from Prato€¦ now what
you see, its mostly managed by [the Chinese]€¦.

So when did Via Pistoiese swap cantuccinis for noodles and dumplings?
Where do all these hand waving cats come from, and who buys them? Why do
some areas of Prato, in short, look so Chinese?

https://youtu.be/tYSmGPI0naw

Milan's Chinaland (2013): Italians feel threatened by the influx of
migrants to their country.

Do you actually have any knowledge of what China has been doing globally
to consolidate its power base???

Clearly not!