Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default On Poi

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 9:34:07 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/30/2021 11:25 AM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> True.
> >> Uh, it needs a warmer climate than taters corn and wheat, so...

> >> PHENOLS!
> >>
> >> Those are where it's at.

> > Taro corm and taro leaves are a bit tricky to cook. You need to cook it at high temperatures for an extended period. It's also tricky to handle and cook ulu - breadfruit. I tried it just once. What an ordeal that was. Liquid latex gets all over your hands and knives and cutting surfaces. It's tough that get that stuff off!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgr3eF_-TKc
> >

> That is nothing I'd try.
>
> But the poi in sourdough bread has my interest piqued.
>
> Can do pita bread too:
>
> https://youtu.be/33e8cG5bEcE

I don't think that poi or breadfruit has much in the way of offering a rewarding culinary experience for most people. You really have to be raised on the stuff at a young age in order to find anything of value in it. I do however love lau-lau. Who the heck doesn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNXlvI6A9U