Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default I'm gonna go get my Leaf back tomorrow morning

On 5/28/2021 9:56 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/28/2021 9:49 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> I took my car to the shop yesterday.Â* The button under the brake pedal
>> broke.Â* When I got home from work on Wednesday the brake lights
>> wouldn't go out and I knew immediately what the problem was.Â* I
>> disconnected the negative battery cable, re-connected it the next
>> morning and drove it to the shop before going to work.Â* The man fixed
>> it in under 10 minutes. He didn't charge me anything.
>>
>> Jill

> I'm impressed.Â* Few people would know to do that. Even fewer would know
> how to do it.

Thank you, sir! The nut on the battery cable was too tight for me to
loosen so I called a friend and he came right over. (Drove up in his
snazzy 1955 MG. This guy is a car enthusiast.) The nut on the cable
was *almost* too tight for him to turn. I was about to get the WD-40
when he managed to loosen it enough to remove. I hooked it back up in
the morning and drove it to the shop. One thing I noticed is people
don't tend to tail-gait when your brake lights never go off. LOL

I basically haven't had to pay much for any repairs. The AC in the car
started failing last year. Not a problem in the Fall/Winter but would
be brutal in the Summer. Before it started getting hot this year I went
to an auto parts store and bought a can of coolant (used to be freon).
I didn't know where the valves are for adding it to this car, although
I'd done it myself with a Toyota I owned decades ago. So I took it to
the tire store where I once did clerical work. My former employer, Ana,
had one of her mechanics add the coolant and he showed me where the
valves are. No charge for the service. I'm thinking John just doesn't
know the right people.

Jill