Posted to rec.food.cooking
Daniel[_7_] Daniel[_7_] is offline

Default My fast food update

Gary > writes:

> Well, I finally bought some Thursday and honestly, first time in at
> least 18 months.
>
> I did Burger King this time.
> 2 Whoppers and 4 bacon cheeseburgers. (3 days worth of food.)
>
> Although good, I wasn't super impressed. My homemade burgers the week
> before were better. Perhaps I've weaned myself off of fast food in all
> these past months.
>
> Next time will be to McDonald's to finally use that $20 gift
> certificate. Probably next week when daughter and grandsons come. They
> all like that stuff.
>
> Bottom line... next grocery trip, I plan to buy some good ground beast
> to make my own burgers again.
>
> I still do crave (as always) the McD fries. Double batch and heavily
> salted and peppered. Good stuff.

I'm a sucker for BK's fish sandwich. It knocked McD's filet 'o fish off
the top for me to fall number two. If I could handle the high sodium,
cholesterol, MSG I'd eat four of those a day. It's a once-a-month treat
for me. I love Burger King's burgers more than McD. There's more beef in
that bun. McD's big mac is a joke these days. It shrank and it's more
bread than anything. I'm not fond of any fast food fries other than
in-and-out normal fries. They're made fresh in the store so that can't
be beat in my opinion.

Now that I'm back on a powerlifting schedule, daily protein is key. If
it were to come down to emergency protein injection, McD's double
quarter pounder sans the bun would be my choice. Otherwise, McD isn't on
my radar. That burger has consistently been given the highest protein
award when compared to other fast food brands.

The best burger I've ever had no longer exists. It was made at my local
public golf course's club house. The owner punched out the burgers every
morning by mixing brisket, rib, and round. Buns locally made and
delivered every other day. Red leaf lettuce, grilled onions and house
made aioli finished to perfection. Ahh, memories. Every bite of the
burger was as good as the first time ever tasting it. I never grew tired
of it. Then, ownership of that business changed and the burger died with
it. Now, their burger is about as good as you could expect with frozen
patties, mass produced buns, and veiny thick slices of iceberg lettuce.

--
Daniel
Visit me at: gopher://gcpp.world