Posted to rec.food.cooking
Robčrt de Boissigny Robčrt de Boissigny is offline

Default Hummers

On Sat, 15 May 2021 11:43:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 15 May 2021 09:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>Bullshit. Hummingbirds show up when they show up.

That's exactly true. No sooner and no later!

>>I saw my first one
>>this year on March 31st which is about normal for this region. A few
>>years ago one hummingbird stayed for the winter; I think she was too old
>>to migrate so I kept the feeder up and freshly filled for her. She was
>>still around even when the temperatures dropped close to freezing in
>>January and February (32F).
>>
>>Jill

>Hummers can arrive here at the beginning of May, that's when I'm sure
>to put out their feeders, I spotted them three days ago. They'll soon
>be building nests in a tall Norway spruce just outside my office
>window where they were born, right now it's 72.1ÂşF... the same tree
>where I hang my weather station sender.

Since this is rec.food.cooking: how do you eat hummingbirds? What
about degut, debone, pan fry in EVOO and then put one each on a little
cracker? With a glass of merlot. Would that work?