Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default I was The Producer of the Cheep Effects

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 16:46:50 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> You are INCORRECT, Jill, Not wrong, "Wrong" has moral or ethical
> import.
>
> Thing today are Copyrighted upon creation. I took a class at
> Washington University St Louis called "Patents, Copyrights and
> Trademarks" taught by a Patent attorney, so I know.

It would have been called "Intellectual Property [law|rights]"

The only thing you "created" are the whoo-whaa-ooga sounds. And
sounds can't be copyrighted unless they form words and/or phrases in
a known language.

Since you already made another post about the source of the sounds,
you described an invention. Which means you apply for a patent.
And you could also claim the sound as a trademark. Both of which
you'd have to apply. But you can't claim copyright since your
contribution is only illegible sounds.

And you can't claim ownership of the composition(s) since you were
not the only member of the production. You need contracts or
waivers. And even if you somehow could prove copyright, it would
still be useless since you can't sue anybody because you never
registered it.

Had you been a solo artist things would have been different. But
face it, you spent all that time marathon masturbating. You could
patent your masturbation technique if it's as novel as you think it
is. And I just so happen to be patent writer = For $250 and I'll get
it filed for you.

Just let me know.

-sw