Phred

Default Suggestions for fresh green beans?

G'day mates,

The local minor supermarket has had reasonable quality fresh green
beans on special this week. (Usually beans on special are pretty past
their prime; but this lot seems to be okay.)

Question is, what is a good way to handle a surfeit of beans?
Something a bit beyond boiling or steaming would be nice. :-)

Had a bit of a google, but there seem to be around 350,000
possibilities for "recipe fresh green beans", so I thought it would be
nice to ask this group for "favo[u]rites". I can almost taste a dish
based on various combinations of beans with bacon, tomatoes,
mushrooms, etc. -- but I can't quite put my finger on the defining
ingredient(s). Help!

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID