Alex Chaihorsky

This is quite simple. There are individuals who understand the way people
get insulted and there are ones that do not. Usually its their parents who
were the same way and never wanted to improve.
I have seen people who would look at their companion's plate in the
restaurant and say - this is awful, how can you eat that? And they do not
mean anything insulting, they just were never brought up the proper way.
They would also stare at a paraplegic person, pick their nose in public and
belch when they have eaten enough. Yes, they probably understand the
improperness of passing wind in the presence of others, but that is as far
as their upbringing goes.
The simple rule that you never use the words "stink, awful, yuk, etc"
speaking about food that others eat and admire, never call "ugly, awful or
terrible" things that people wear - is too sophisticated for them. There are
many ways to express your personal rejections for certain foods, styles and
many other things - you can say that this scent is a bit too rough for you,
that you have never developed a taste, etc. But their childish minds find it
easier to just compare things they do not like to snot and poo.

Sasha.