Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Turn vanilla pudding into custard?

On 3/21/2021 10:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 10:24:35 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-03-21 10:09 a.m., Lenona wrote:
>>> Believe me, if I hadn't found that frosting in the discount section, I wouldn't have considered it.
>>>
>>> I suppose I really shouldn't buy mixes just because they're half off. Especially pudding. Or cake.
>>>
>>> But I'm still curious to know if anyone's made that experiment with pudding mix. After, if there were an emergency that called for custard in a hurry and you didn't have time to make one from scratch (or run to the store for custard powder), what would you do?
>>>

>> Don't they all have to be cooked?

> Jello Brand Instant Pudding doesn't have to be cooked.

Have you ever used that? Not good at all.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.