John Coleman

"The Ghost of Pete Charest" <pc@burning@hell> wrote in message
news.com...
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:37:06 GMT, "John Coleman" >
> wrote the following in alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian:
>

> >"Dutch" > wrote in message
> >> "John Coleman" > wrote

> >8<
> >> So if I killed some animals to prevent them from destroying my crops,
> >> there's no exploitation, so are vegans OK with that?

> >no, the reason that vegans seek to avoid exploitation is because it is

cruel
> >and cynical, so is killing - vegans do "veganic" agriculture

> So "veganic" agriculture doesn't result in the death of any animals?

Just walking around doing nothing much results in the death of some tiny
animals. Veganic agriculture is agriculture free of animal products,
pesticides etc. See
http://www.veg-soc.org/html/articles...riculture.html - (Digger will
like this one as it has a definition like his definition of Veganism in it)

you raise that old false dilema fallacy again - read the definition, esp. my
emphasis added

"Today, the Society remains as determined as ever to promote vegan
lifestyles - that is, **ways of living that seek to exclude, as far as is
possible and practical**, all forms of exploitation of animals for food,
clothing or any other purpose."

If you or anyone else do not understand this simple English, please explain
how and why not! We simply try to avoid causing animal suffering and
exploitation where practical. We are perfectly well aware that it is
impossible to avoid killing animals altogether, even as you roll over in bed
you kill mites.

Even if I were to drop down dead now, I dare say I would crush many
invertibrates - but that does not make dropping dead unvegan either.

John