Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grilled Cotswold Cheese lunch

One of my favorites is Cotswold cheese but I've not found it around
here. So, I splurged ordered some and had it shipped.

Couple of thick slices on sourdough bread made a great lunch.

One day soon it will be in scrambled eggs for breakfast.

For those not familiar,
English Cotswold cheese, a variation of "Double Gloucester", was
originally made from the rich milk of the black cattle of Gloucester and
traditionally made in the Cotswolds. English Cotswold is a mix of
chopped chives and onion, coupled with a quality Double Gloucester cheese.

The taste of Cotswold is creamy, buttery, sweet and mild yet
full-flavoured like cheddar. The savoury taste of chives and onions
gives it that extra zing. This variation of Double Gloucester pairs well
with beer, Zinfandel or Shiraz and is popular as a pub cheese in England.