Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_29_] Bruce[_29_] is offline

Default Countertop appliances

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:57:22 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 2:47:53 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 10:57:51 -0500, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

>> >Encore by Baratza. I use mine daily.
>> >
>> >If you want to go fancier, go for the Vitruoso+ by Baratza.

>> People who grind their coffee don't grind their meat. DUH
>>
>> It makes far more sense to have the store where one buys coffee beans
>> to do the grinding with REAL grinders instead of those Toys R Us
>> grinders with fancy schmancy Italian names... Italy has never grown
>> even one bean. A&P has real coffee grinders.

>There's no A&P here. Every grocery store with a grinder was self-serve.
>If any in-store coffee grinders have survived the pandemic (most self-serve
>things have been shut down), I still don't want to grind my coffee at
>the store because of jackwagons who grind flavored coffee there.

Slang term derived from the Freight or Chow wagons used in the late
19th century. These were often the last wagons in a wagon train,
making them the least favorable to drive due to the dust, waste, and
debris from the front of the train.

When used as in insult it refers to one's lack of intelligence,
implying the insultee is capable of no more than operating a Chow
wagon.
<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jack%20wagon>

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September