Vox Humana

Default Bakeries in the USA ?

"martin maly" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i am a young german baker and like the usa. I have heard that years ago
> german bakers had a good opertunity to open a buiseness in some parts of

the
> USA. Is there still demand at handcraft baking ? How do you see the
> situation today ?

I think there is a demand for quality baked goods in the US. I have seen a
number of artisan bakeries spring up in our suburban shopping areas. As
with any business, it location is very important. Bakeries in Cincinnati
seem to be divided into two categories. The first is mass produced good
baked in a central location and sold in small shops throughout the city.
The quality is lacking, but the prices are low. The other type of shop is
the boutique bakery offering very good products at high prices. Both types
of business seem to do well.