Brick

On 3-Oct-2004, "Jack Sloan" > wrote:

> "Gus" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Bob in socal" > wrote in message
> > > On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 23:12:09 -0400, "Jack Curry" <Jack-CurryRemove

<snipped a bunch of stuff that you've all read twice or more anyhow>

> Ya know, I was just thinkin' about that rub this mornin' and I guess 'cause
> I'm so close to Houston and all...the 12 pounds of beef ribs and 10 pounds
> of feral hog backstraps I did in the NBBD only took 2 1/2 hours . Really
> and no kiddin' and all that. Top thermo read 250 most of the time and in 2
> 1/2 hours it was screaming "take me offa here." I guess the grill ht temp
> musta been a bit higher. It's all in the cooler wrapped up in foil and
> towels right now...maybe I'll remember to take a pic for ABF.
> Jack (who wonders how much actual meat is gonna be on that 12 poundsa rib
> bones.)

I think beef ribs take a lot less time. Mine usually come out in about two hours
also. NB Silver, dome temp ~250°. Grill temp is 35° to 50° hotter then that by
my probe measurement. Much hotter near the firebox. Not so bad under the
chimney. ( finished some pork back ribs in two hours once, but the temp spiked to
450° and I don't know how long it was there before I noticed. The ribs were real
dry, though tasty from orangewood smoke.)
--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)