Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:08:19 -0700, Graham > wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 16:36:17 -0500, Boron Elgar wrote:

>>>But in my experience, they made better coffee than the pour-over/drip
>>>methods. Their fragility was a major drawback though.

>> I am happiest taste-wise with Chemex, a French press, or a vac pot.
>> One of my vacs is an antique Silex. I spent ages scouring ebay for
>> replacement pieces to keep it in working order.
>>
>> I also have a more practical auto drip pot.

>I also have an automatic grind-then-drip system.
>You would have got on well with my late F-I-L. He travelled extensively and
>collected all manner of coffee making equipment from all over the world and
>was very happy when he discovered the first domestic coffee roaster.
>However, despite enjoying every type from Turkish (he bought the pot in
>Ankara) to drip, he maintained that the Kona vacuum system made the most
>enjoyable.
>My ex and I received a Kona for a wedding present but when the upper part
>broke, we had a helluva job getting a replacement. The first one in had too
>long a tbe and the store owner tried to cut it down with disastrous
>results.

I know how delicate these things are, yet when I was a kid, in ancient
days, my mom used a glass Silex on a daily basis, I have no
recollection of problems. Go figure. I probably just do not recall.

My mom, is the first person I knew who also tried cold brewed. We're
talking60 years ago, at least. Certainly not invented by her, but she
was an early adopter.