crymad

cc wrote:

> "Michael Plant" > wrote in message
>
> > Hey guys, please don't hit me. My Japanese friends of years ago told me

> that
> > Sushi is better in the United States than in Japan because the fish is
> > fresher here. This struck me as odd, but I've never been to Japan, so how

> am
> > I to know. Think there might be truth in it?

> Years ago, that was probably true.
>
> I have been to the US and didn't see any fresh fish for sale in most
> neighbourhoods. But well, in New-York, you live differently.

You'll have to excuse Michael. Living in the Center of the Universe can
cloud your vision. No doubt, good Japanese food can be found in NY.

> Now, in Japanese cities the choice of fresh and very fish is huge. Maybe
> that's too much as we're wasting and contributing to the global ecological
> disaster.
> I only miss the urchins, oysters, real crabs and a few others seafood (here,
> most times, they *unshell* oysters and urchins before shipping, that's
> awful).

My only real longings living in Japan were oysters and line-caught river
salmon. Other than that, Japan is a fish paradise. It's sanma season
now, isn't it, Kuri? I always looked forward to autumn and grilling
skewered sanma over hardwood charcoal outside.

--crymad