Vox Humana

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
news:20041008130644.775581ce@wafer...
> On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:03:04 GMT
> "Vox Humana" > wrote:
>

> > "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message

> > > You'd get dry, flavorless scones.

> > Scones are inexpensive to make. In cases like this, I think it is best
> > to give it a try and see what you think. It isn't rocket science.

> I've seen scone recipes that get 100% of their fat content from heavy
> cream and what amount is in a whole egg.
>
> And it's not just the fat, it's whey as well.
>
> So you're losing texture and richness at the same time. Just don't

serve
> them to me, all I'm asking.

I agree that I wouldn't like to eat scones made with skim milk and no other
fat. But I think it is good to experiment and make up your own mind. When
you aren't making a wedding cake or your grandmother's 100th birthday cake
or some other once in a lifetime item, then the worst that can happen is
that you bake something akin to a dog biscuit.