crymad

samarkand wrote:

> Is mushroom an ingredient for soy sauce?

Straw mushrooms, as a flavoring. Pearl River Bridge makes a well known
mushroom soy sauce.

> I'm baffled because I get the normal soy sauce for sushi, then the soy
> mixture for the tempura, and there's the soy mixture they laddle over
> tempura don, which is sweeter, and there's one Japanese meal I had in Sendai
> where the meals are served in small dishes, each with an accompanying soy
> sauce mixture for each dish. I thought they were all the same, though the
> proprietor said it's not.

Outside of raw fish and sushi, plain soy sauce is rarely served
alongside Japanese dishes. I infer from your comments in the previous
post that you are Chinese. If so, what are your thoughts on raw
seafood?

> Chinese rice is stinky? That's interesting.

Long grain rice in particular. Japanese simply can't abide it.

--crymad