Gus

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Gus wrote:
>
> > It is for Gus now to stop trying to pull their chains and egg them on
> > to more and more meanness. Obviously they don't need Gus to do that,
> > for they have sufficient meanness of thought and language without any
> > outside help needed. But this has been most interesting.

> Fair enough. I would suggest, however, that you quit characterizing
> individual reaction to your entrance to this ng, which rubbed a number of
> folks the wrong way, as anything other than a reaction to you. Quit

trying
> to analyze other folks.
> >
> > I truly do wish all here well, and I hope that the blood pressures and
> > stomach ulcers of several of the "regulars" might improve and give
> > them some rest and peace. Good Lord, they seem to need some of those.

> This is what I'm refering to. How do you know that the words I wrote were
> raising my blood pressure? Or that I was even angry? In real life, if
> someone rubs you the wrong way, one can call someone an 'idiot' ( just an
> example, not directed at anyone) in a calm voice and demeanor. So, again,

> would suggest that you give up on characterizing or categorizing any
> individual here. If you truly want to bury the hatchet, then bury it

without
> conditions.
>
> > In the meantime, let's get back to Q stuff. I will be pretty busy
> > during the next several weeks working on "Redneck's Kitchen." We
> > hope to roll it out sometime in late November or so. Got the recipes
> > well tested and the Qing methods pretty well doped out. Still need
> > to experiment some with breads and biscuits, but it will all come
> > along soon enough.

> I wish you the best of luck, Gus, and look forward to a long AFB
> relationship.
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Dave... and all....

It is not the mission of Gus to give anyone a bad time. It is, however,
Gus's advice to one and all that they be civil to anyone who appears on this
newsgroup, to not use gutter language, and to be amenable to accepting the
viewpoints and Q-methods of others who practice the profession and the hobby
of barbecue that may be different from their own.

Tomorrow Gus will be trying another new recipe in the hope that the food
produced from it not only tastes good, but IS good. With our Redneck's
Kitchen, we are going to TRY to make "country food" a popular thing "in the
city." Just like Dave and his pit BBQ business, we hope to make it a
practical thing and to have it pay for itself or maybe even make a buck or
two...

But, doggone it, there is no need to here or elsewhere tear into folks just
because you never met them before or because you do not understand what they
are "up to."

Anyway, Dave, I hope that your Q-business takes off nicely and makes you a
zillion bucks... but if you continue to cuss at Gus at or others, I hope
that those zillion bucks elude you until you wake up and die right, as the
saying goes. From the reading of your note here, I think that that you have
awakened and that all is well beween you and us "newbies."

Your note (above) is highly appreciated. I hope that you really mean to
welcome Gus and to welcome all of the other "newbies" who come along and and
who give us all some new ideas to think about.

Just to let you understand that I am really grateful to you and to others
who have offered criticisms of the "Redneck Rub Cookbook," that file has
been looked at with an editor's eye today and there have been some good
changes made to its wordings, thanks largely to you.

Best to you Dave, and to all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas