ray

Default Re French Breadsticks

Hi Roy,

many thanks for your prompt reply to my query.

I have been using a strong Bakers flour recently or at least, since I
stopped using a prepared bread mix (Lauke) and I have been experimenting
with different recipes which still haven't even come close. (It's a good
thing that flour is really inexpensive here, as quite a few batches have
gone straight into the garbage tin.)

I certainly will follow your instructions to the letter, as the proving
times and using a "damp" cloth
are a great deal different to what I have have doing.

The use of steam sounds really promising...with my limited equipment, I
guess I'll have to see what sort of steam I can generate using a bowl of
water in the bottom of the electric oven ?.

Thanks agin for your advice,
regards Ray

"Roy Basan" > wrote in message
om...
> "ray" > wrote in message

> > Hoping someone can help me with this type of bread.
> >
> > The best that I have tasted have come from Vietnamese Bakeries.. I

assume
> > that the occupation by the French had a large influence on breadmaking
> > generally.
> >
> > I use a breadmaker to make the dough and then bake the breadsticks or

rolls
> > in the oven @ 220 C.
> >
> > My problem is that I cannot get a thin crispy crust like the Vietnamese

can.

> > Where am I going wrong ? Is there something wrong with the recipe that I

am